As Halloween fast approaches here are some healthy tips to keep cavities away and protect your child’s smile and health. The Canadian Dental Association (CDA) recommends taking these simple steps:
* Limit the number of times a day your child eats sugary treats or snacks between meals. Serve snacks that will not harm your child’s teeth, such as vegetables, cheese, nuts or seeds.
* It is best to eat sugary treats at the end of mealtime while there is still plenty of saliva in the mouth. Saliva helps to wash away the sugars and acids.
* Drinking a glass of water after eating a sugary treat will also help wash away some of the sugars and acids.
* Avoid soft, sticky treats that get stuck between teeth.
* Always have your child brush and floss before going to bed.
For more information on healthy halloween tips be sure to visit CDA.
360 George Street N. Suite 301
K9H 7E7, CANADA