COVID-19 Safety Update - June 15th 2020
We Are Excited to Let You Know That We Are Re-Open for Dental Treatment on June 15, 2020.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. We are following the Directives from the Ministry of Health and the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario very closely.
Here are some specific changes you will notice when it is time for your next appointment:
• Our office will communicate with you through email or text before each appointment to ask some screening questions. The screening forms must be filled out within 48 hours of receiving them as after that they will expire. You will be asked those same questions again just before your appointment and may have your temperature taken by a team member.
• We ask that you wear a mask when you arrive for your appointment and practice social distancing of 6 feet following Public Health guidelines.
• The front door will be locked at all times. Only patients with booked appointments, who have filled out the COVID -19 screening form and screened negative will be allowed to enter the office.
• To ensure a limited number of patients in the waiting room, please call or text our office once you arrive in the parking lot. When we are ready to take you in for your appointment, we will let you know.
• Please use hand sanitizer when you enter the office.
• We ask that you remove your shoes and wear our slippers which have been sanitized after each use.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients.
• We are allowing more time) between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. If other people are waiting at the front desk we ask you to social distance by standing on a “social distancing molar decal on the floor.”
• We are implementing the use of pre-treatment peroxyl rinses for all of our patients. This 1.5% hydrogen peroxide rinse lowers the potential viral load in the oral cavity, and thus facilitates the fight against oral transmission.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe in our practice. We remain committed partners in your oral health and recognize that you may need dental care that has been delayed because of the province-wide shut down. To make an appointment, please email us at or call us at 705-741-1885.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Dr. Annabel Braganza and Team
OFFICE Update - June 15th 2020
As surgical professionals, we are compelled to make every effort to reduce the possible transmission of any disease and route of infection. At Braganza Periodontics, we have taken necessary precautions to protect our patients and staff from the transfer of infection by reducing the levels of bio-aerosols within our office. Our office follows and often exceeds infection control standards set by our governing College and the Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Branch of Public Health Ontario to ensure that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
Here are some new protocols we have implemented:
• We have gone as paperless as possible! You can fill out and receive forms in the comfort of your own home, therefore it is necessary to have your email address and/or text information.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines and children’s toy since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• There is now a clear barrier present at the reception desk area which we have affectionately called “the fishbowl.” The barrier allows us to operate safely, not only to protect our frontline administration team but also to protect and reassure our patients keeping adequate physical distance in our reception area.
• Our team will be equipped with the enhanced personal protective equipment required for everyone’s safety.
• We have high volume evacuation tips for all surgical and hygiene rooms. This enables a one-handed approach to evacuate the patient's oral cavity of aerosols, splatter, fluid, and debris, while also providing retraction, visibility, and illumination to the treatment area. This system helps to eliminate over 90% of aerosols created during dental procedures.
• We have Surgical Clean Air Purifiers in addition to our current office air purification systems. These medical-grade air purification systems utilize a multi-stage air purifying technology, including proprietary HEPA-RX filters and UV lights to work together to clean, purify and re-energize the indoor air. The six-stage filtration system works to remove particulate matter from the air – including a potentially infective droplet. This reduction (dilution) or complete elimination of viruses, fungal and bacteria (99.9%) breaks the cycle of airborne disease transmission and reduces patient anxiety. “It’s like hand sanitizer for your indoor air”. This filtration system removes dust and pollen that cause allergies, kills bacteria and viruses that make people sick, eliminates odours and irritating volatile organic chemicals (VOC) and, re-energizes stale indoor air to facilitate breathing. The system leaves everyone feeling more revitalized.
• We have enclosed each operatory to contain any aerosols that may be present.
• Our team will be wearing bright colourful gowns, hats and masks for each treatment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you safe in our practice.
Dr. Braganza and our Periodontal Team.